B.A. Biochemistry, Columbia University
Tutoring the SAT, ACT, math up to calculus, and chemistry since 2013.
Wendy graduated from Columbia University in 2017 with a B.A. in biochemistry. Having moved from a small suburb in Alabama (roll tide!) to lively New York City, Wendy values the opportunity to absorb new cultures and meet a diverse array of remarkable people. She believes an important part of tutoring is building relationships with her students, and she finds their individual stories and hard work to be inspiring.
In high school, Wendy’s academic accomplishments included National Merit Finalist, AP Scholar with Distinction, and the Intel Student Talent Search (STS) Research Report Badge recipient. Her strongest subject was always math, with a 5 on the AP Calculus BC exam and an 800 on the SAT Math Level 2 exam. Wendy also has an extensive background on a high school math team, having qualified for the American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME) and earned top placements at the Mu Alpha Theta National Convention.
As education should be a universal right, Wendy is passionate about working with members of underserved communities to give them the tools to be successful and make a difference. She has experience working with international students and previously traveled to an impoverished village in China to teach English and American culture. On her days off, Wendy may be spotted relaxing on the beach, coaching/playing volleyball, or trying a new recipe for dinner.
- Wendy was an AP Scholar with Distinction, earning scores of 5 on AP English Literature, AP US History, AP Chemistry, and AP Calculus BC exams.
- Wendy attended the National Youth Science Camp (for which only 2 high school graduates from each state are chosen).
- She was a Bryant Jordan Scholar Athlete.
- Wendy was once on the Food Network.
- She is terrified of the pigeons that roam New York City.
- In middle school, Wendy composed her own piano piece (with lyrics!) for a talent show.