B.A. Theater Studies and English, Yale University
Tutoring and teaching the SAT, ACT, PSAT, HSPT, ISEE, and SSAT since 2013.
A graduate of Yale University with bachelor’s degrees in both English and theater studies, Dan has over seven years of teaching experience. For the past five years, Dan has established himself as one of the go-to tutors of the ACT and SAT in the United States, teaching private lessons as well as larger workshops to over 100 students at a time. Dan has extensive experience working with students of all age levels and is considered an expert with regards to the SAT, ACT, ISEE, SSAT, and HSPT exams.
Dan is also an accomplished actor, having appeared on such popular American television shows as The Office, Glee, and Arrested Development. Dan’s background in performance and comedy is a crucial part of his tutoring technique, as his ability to take otherwise dry material and make it fun to learn has made him a favorite among high-school students who are looking for someone to help keep them engaged in their studies. He believes that a sense of fun and play can make learning exciting and allow students to avoid the burn out factor that many face during this potentially stressful time.
- Dan has helped his students improve their ACT scores by as many as 12 points, with one student recently achieving a perfect 36.
- Dan earned a perfect score on the SAT Math section.
- He has studied karate since he was 5 years old and has a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Kempo karate, a 1st Degree Black Belt in Shotokan, and taught karate through high school and college.
- At Yale, Dan sang in an a cappella group called the Yale Alley Cats, and had a blast touring around the world two months a year singing jazz and motown hits.
- Dan doesn’t like chocolate and hasn’t since he was 4 years old. However, his grandfather worked for Hershey for 35 years. Needless to say, they found other things to bond over.
Hear from one of Dan’s students
“I came to ArborBridge based on the recommendation of a friend who’d used them. When I started my studying I had almost no knowledge about the American exam system and went through a very steep learning curve with Dan. The tutoring was always driven by specific improvement which was incredibly helpful and allowed me to improve very quickly, eventually ending up with a score far better than anything I would have expected when I started.”
Nick W., ACT (Final Score: 36, +4 pts)