B.A. American Studies, Yale University
Tutoring SAT, ACT, ISEE, HSPT, and literature since 2012.
Jacob studied at Yale University, where he earned a Bachelor’s in American Studies. After several years of tutoring students from a vast range of educational backgrounds and almost every continent around the world, he has become an expert in helping students from grade 4 to grade 12 achieve their most ambitious academic and test prep goals.
Jacob has helped prepare countless students via both in-person and online programs for the SAT, ACT, PSAT, HSPT, and ISEE, as well as a number of upper-level humanities exams and essay writing prompts for the college admissions process. He has contributed significantly to published exam prep books on both the SAT and ACT, and scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT when he himself took it in high school. Jacob is also known for being a uniquely empathetic and empowering mentor, with a dedication to helping each student realize and take ownership of her own greatest potential. Promoting the growth and achievement of young people is Jacob’s greatest professional joy, as well as his lifelong commitment.
- Jacob graduated from Yale magna cum laude, with a 3.9 GPA.
- His SAT, ACT, and ISEE students routinely experience 30%+ increases in both Verbal and Mathematics scores, boosting them into whole new tiers of prospective schools in their searches.
- Jacob was a National Merit Scholar and a UVM Green and Gold Scholar in high school.
- Jacob has hiked the John Muir Trail, a 220-mile route through the Sierra Nevada.
- He was a semifinalist for the Norman Mailer National College Writing Award
- His favorite food is really anything with pesto.